Digest>May/Jun 2019

Photo By:

 

Debra Baldwin

Photo Caption:

The 1887 keeper’s dwelling plans for Tchefuncte River Lighthouse were drawn after a duplex design with two front doors side by side, though with a single kitchen. After it was sold and moved to Madisonville in 1952, it was utilized as a doctor’s residence, boatyard office, and camp before its relocation to the museum grounds in 2004.
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2019

Story:

A Visit to Louisiana’s Lost Lighthouses
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2019

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.


Subscribe
to Lighthouse Digest



USLHS Marker Fund


Lighthouse History
Research Institute


Shop Online












Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History