Gilbert's Cove and District Historical Society
Contact Address Information:
Yvonne Doucette, President, RR 1, Box 62
The Gilbert's Cove and District Historical Society operates a museum, gift shop and tea room at the lighthouse. Community events are also held here. In the fall of 2003, a grant of $29,317 was received from the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency. The combined lighthouse and dwelling has received a new roof and chimney, and a rebuilt lantern. More rock has been added near the lighthouse to protect from erosion.
Description of Tower: Square lantern on roof of white wooden keeper's quarters.
This light is not operational
Integral keeper's quarters.
Date Established: 1904
Date Present Tower Built: 1904
Date Deactivated: circa 1960s
Current Use: Museum.
Open To Public? Yes.
The lighthouse and museum are open July and August daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free; donations are welcome. There is a beach and picnic area nearby.
Follow Lighthouse Road from Route 1 (Evangeline Trail) to the lighthouse.