Keeper Frank Drew received several citations for lifesaving. A Coast Guard Keeper Class Coastal Buoytender has been named in his honor. The lighthouse is now in ruins.
Tower Height: 48
Height of Focal Plane: 55
Characteristic and Range: Originally fixed white, visible for 14 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Short wooden tower on roof of two-story brick keeper's dwelling (now in ruins).
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1863
Date Automated: 1933
Optics: 1863: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: In ruins.
Open To Public? No.
Green Island is accessible only by boat.
Keepers: Samuel Drew (1863-1881), Helen Drew (assistant, 1867-1870), (1890-1893), Frank Albert Drew (assistant 1903-1909, head keeper 1909-1929)