Troubridge Island Conservation Park
This lighthouse is endangered by erosion.
Tower Height: 79
Height of Focal Plane: 82
Description of Tower: Red, conical cast iron tower, with central white horizontal band.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1856
Date Present Tower Built: 1856
Date Deactivated: c. 2001
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, overnight accommodations.
Open To Public? Yes.
Periodic tours are offered by Judy and Chris Johnson; call (08) 8852 6290 for information. The island is accessible by a 30-minute boat ride from Edithburgh. Phone (08) 8852 6109 for information on boat trips.
Nearby Lodging: The lighthouse keeper's cottage is open for overnight stays; phone (08) 8852 6290 or see www.cyberium.com.au/acco/sa/522-0.html