Commissioners of Irish Lights
The first lighthouse here was established on the east end of the island in 1812 or 1813. There was a fog signal station on the west end of the island from 1905 to 1987. The present white tower was built in 1958 at the west end of the island and the east lighthouse was discontinued and demolished.
Tower Height: 75
Height of Focal Plane: 194
Characteristic and Range: Fl (3) W 15s. Shown by day in poor visibility. Nominal range: 19 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White, conical concrete tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1812
Date Present Tower Built: 1958
Date Automated: 1987
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Keepers: D. J. O'Sullivan (1925-1966)