There was a lightship at this location beginning in 1861. In 1971, Trinty House converted a former coal board drilling rig(which searches for undersea coal seams which might be mined from shore) to a light tower. In 1991, the light was replaced by a lightship. The last vessel to serve here was the LV 93 (separate entry).
Description of Tower: Red skeletal tower on platform.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1971
Date Deactivated: 1991
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Keepers: John Mobbs (years unk.)