Canadian Coast Guard Pacific Region
The first light established here in 1906 was tended by the crew from the local lifeboat station. It was destroyed by a tidal wave in January 1914. The lifeboat crew continued to tend its replacement until July 1918. A keeper's house wasn't added to the station until 1929.
Tower Height: 20
Height of Focal Plane: 50
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every 12 seconds, visible for 16 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White tower on top of fog signal building, with red lantern.
This light is operational
1906: small wooden tower, destroyed by tsunami on January 2, 1914.
Date Established: 1906
Date Present Tower Built: 1915
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Keepers: James Frazer (1919-?)