This light was established in 1828 on a bluff near Fort Tompkins on Staten Island. In 1871 the light had to be moved to make room for an artillery battery; a new lighthouse was built and lighted in 1873. In 1903 the light was replaced by Fort Wadsworth Light. The lantern was removed and possibly moved to the new lighthouse at Fort Wadsworth. The building no longer survives.
This light is not operational
1828: 40-foot tower. 1873: Square tower attached to keeper's house.
Date Established: 1828
Optics: 1855: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Destroyed.