Municipality of Ameland
The lantern of this lighthouse was replaced in 1988. The original lantern is on display at the Reddingsmuseum in Hollum. The active second-order lens was used 1908-1912 at the Goedereede Lighthouse and 1912-1940 at the Westhoofd Lighthouse. It was removed in 1940 and protected at the Hague during World War II, and it was installed in the Ameland Lighthouse in 1952.
Tower Height: 181
Height of Focal Plane: 190
Characteristic and Range: Three white flashes every 15 seconds, visible for 20 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Conical cast iron tower with red and white horizontal stripes.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1881
Date Present Tower Built: 1881
Optics: Second-order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Yes.
For information on the visiting hours for the lighthouse, phone 0519-554703.