Estonian Maritime Administration
The 1803 lighthouse here was the first Russian-built lighthouse to be equipped with reflectors. It was dismantled during the Crimean War (1854) and transported to Tallinn with all the lighthouse equipment. The lighthouse was lit with natural gas from 1907 to 1912. The base of the current tower has suffered damage over the years. It was renovated in 1937, and in 1959 a ferroconcrete casing was constructed. Part of the wall collapsed in 1987. An organization called Keri Selts (Keri Society) was formed in 2003 to work for the restoration of the lighthouse; see www.keri.ee.
Tower Height: 102
Height of Focal Plane: 102
Characteristic and Range: White flash (2s) every 15 seconds, visible for 11 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Brown, conical cast iron tower on conical brick base.
This light is operational
1724: Wooden lighthouse (destroyed in a storm in 1799). 1803: Wooden lighthouse on a stone base (dismantled in 1854).
Date Established: 1724
Date Present Tower Built: 1858
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.