Canadian Coast Guard
This lighthouse was replaced as an aid to navigation by an automated light on a skeleton tower. The lighthouse was originally built of brick and stone and was later encased in cast iron; in 1961 the tower was encased in concrete.
Description of Tower: Octagonal concrete tower, lantern removed.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1858
Date Present Tower Built: 1858
Current Use: Unknown.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Accessible only by private boat or helicopter.
Keepers: Thomas Hennesse, Edward Reddy. Charles Prowse (1862-?), Elias Abbott, Stephen Abbott, William Pomeroy, James F. Mouland, Arch Way. During the Second World War, keepers were Walter Hicks and Herbert Abbott.