Gros Morne National Park
This lighthouse is within the boundaries of Gros Morne National Park. The keeper's house is now used by Parks Canada as an interpretation center. The light is still run by the Canadian Coast Guard.
Height of Focal Plane: 115
Description of Tower: White, conical cast iron tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1897
Date Present Tower Built: 1897
Date Automated: 1969
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The interpretive center in the keeper's house includes exhbits on the lighthouse and the history of the local fishing industry and the environment.
Keepers: William Young (1938-?), George Young (1949-?).