Town of Port Saunders
This lighthouse is no longer active as an aid to navigation. It is maintained by the Town of Port Saunders.
Height of Focal Plane: 108
Characteristic and Range: White flashing light.
Description of Tower: Square, pyramidal wooden tower with alternating red and white horizontal bands.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1901
Date Present Tower Built: 1901
Current Use: Historic landmark.
Open To Public? Unknown.
The island is accessible by private boat. A footpath from the wharf on Keppel Island leads to the lighthouse.
Keepers: C. Pike (1901-?), W. Pike (c. 1938), Moses Lavers (1958-1987), Austin Ryan (assistant, 1962-?), Stewart Hancock (1987-1989).