Around 1916 the light was removed; the building remained an active fog signal station until 1943. The lighthouse was burned down by vandals in the early 1970s. Keeper A. J. Anderson was murdered in 1938, and the crime was never solved.
Description of Tower: Square tower and lantern on roof of 1 1/2 story wooden dwelling,
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1886
Date Deactivated: c. 1916
Optics: 1886: Fourth order Fresnel lens. 1899: Fifth order Fresnel lens.
Fog Signal: Fog bell.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: John Kane, John Lindquist, Charles William Grimm (1906-1910), Frank B Lansing, J. Herman Lucas, A. Synneberg (assistant), A. J. Anderson (?-1938)