South Street Seaport Museum
Contact Address Information:
207 Front Street
This vessel, built in 1908, served as Ambrose Channel (NY), Relief (NY), Scotland (NJ), and Vineyard Sound (MA). The vessel was retired in 1966.
This light is not operational
Current Use: Attraction at museum.
Open To Public? Yes.
The museum and lightship are open April 1 – September 30: Daily 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. October 1 – March 31: Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; closed Tuesdays.
From the West Side take West Street southbound past World Trade Center. Follow signs to FDR Drive. Take underpass, keep right — use Exit 1 at end of underpass. Turn right on South Street, six blocks. From the East Side, take FDR Drive south to Exit 3 onto South Street Proceed about 1 mile. By Subway take 2, 3, 4, 5, J, Z, or M to Fulton Street; A and C to Broadway-Nassau; E to World Trade Center. Walk east on Fulton Street to Water Street.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places