In 2010, under the National History Lighthouse Preservation Act, the lighthouse was sold at auction for $225,000 and is now privately owned.
Tower Height: 49
Height of Focal Plane: 55
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every six seconds.
Description of Tower: Conical, cast iron
This light is operational
Date Established: 1884
Date Present Tower Built: 1884
Date Automated: 1974
Optics: 1884: Fifth order Fresnel
Current Use: Coast Guard active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
This lighthouse is best viewed by boat, but it can be seen from Dubois Beach, next to Stonington Harbor
Lighthouse in Connecticut. It can also be seen from lighthouse cruises offered by Capt. John's Sport Fishing Center in Waterford. Call (860) 443-7259 or see www.sunbeamfleet.com for details.
Keepers: Charles E.P. Noyes (1884-?), Eugene Sheffield Nash (1894-1895), George A. Troy (assistant, 1910-1911), Frank Jo Raymond (c. 1920s-1930s)