This lighthouse was badly damaged by ice in 1918, and in 1934 the structure was removed and replaced by an automatic light on a small skeleton tower on the original foundation. Locals called it the "Spider Buoy." However, on Oct 21, 2008, the "Spider" was removed. Nothing remains.
Description of Tower: Wooden cottage-style dwelling with square tower on roof; screwpile foundation.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1891
Date Deactivated: 1918
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: John Berentsen (?-1918)