Village of Sleepy Hollow
Guided tours can be arranged by calling the Village of Sleepy Hollow at 914-366-5109.
Tower Height: 60
Description of Tower: White, conical cast-iron tower on cast-iron caisson.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1883
Date Present Tower Built: 1883
Date Deactivated: 1961
Date Automated: 1959
Current Use: Attraction at park.
Open To Public? Yes.
The lighthouse can be viewed from Kingsland Point Park in Tarrytown. To drive there from Sleepy Hollow, turn onto Pierson Ave. (Bellwood Ave.), just north of Philipsburg Manor Restoration on Route 9. Proceed two blocks and turn left on Palmer Ave. for two blocks. The park is ahead on the left.
Keepers: Jacob Ackerman (1882-1903), Richard Moreland (1950s)