This lighthouse was deactivated in 1809; a new North Ronaldsay Lighthouse was built in 1854. A stone sphere taken from the island of Sanday was placed on top of the tower.
Description of Tower: Conical tower topped with stone sphere.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1789
Date Present Tower Built: 1789
Date Deactivated: 1809
Current Use: Historic attraction.
Open To Public? Grounds only.