The original light was destroyed when a schooner collided with the pier in December 1859. The current tower on the Racine North Breakwater was first established as the Racine North Pierhead Light in 1901. After the tower was moved to the North Breakwater (ca. 1916), it was replaced on the North Pier by a post light.
Description of Tower: Rebuilt in 1860; 1872: White, square, pyramidal steel tower, upper half enclosed. 1901: White, square steel tower, upper half enclosed, with a black lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1849
Date Deactivated: 1980s
Current Use: Destroyed.