Parque Histórico Militar El Morro-La Cabaña
Contact Address Information:
Habana del Este
La Habana, Cuba
The fortress Castillo de los Tres Reyes del Morro (El Morro Castle) was designed and built between 1589 and 1630 by military engineer Juan Bautista Antonelli. The lighthouse was added in 1845. An earlier lighthouse was damaged by a British assault in 1762. The fort was also used as a prison for a time.
Tower Height: 82
Height of Focal Plane: 144
Characteristic and Range: Two white flashes every 15 seconds.
Description of Tower: Conical stone tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1845
Date Present Tower Built: 1845
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Yes.
The fortress is open every day, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.