This lighthouse was destroyed in 1956 after being rendered obsolete by the building of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
Description of Tower: Lantern built into second floor of dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1876
Date Deactivated: 1952
Optics: 1876: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: George Shropshire (acting keeper beginning 11/9/1885, keeper 8/24/1886 - 8/1/1895), William Spear (1908-1939), Ferdinand Heizmann (1939-c. 1952)