Search ||  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 

Name: Green's Point Light   

Feedback to the database manager

Also known as: L'Etete Passage Light

Also known as: Letite Passage Light

Nearest Town or City:
L'Etete, New Brunswick, Canada

Location: Green's Point, Bay of Fundy.

Click to enlarge: Photo   
Photo: Michel Forand

Managing Organization:
Green's Point Light Association

Telephone: 506-755-3630


Contact Address Information:
185 Green's Point Road
New Brunswick, E5C-2N5, Canada

This station was first established in 1879 as a fog signal station only.

Tower Height: 39

Height of Focal Plane: 56

Characteristic and Range: Fixed white light, visible for 16 nautical miles.

Description of Tower: White, octagonal wooden tower with a red lantern.

This light is not operational

Date Established: 1879

Date Present Tower Built: 1903

Date Deactivated: 1999

Fog Signal: One 3-second blast every 30 seconds.

Current Use: Museum.

Open To Public? Yes.

The keeper's house has been turned into an interpretive center/museum and displays a wide variety of items from the area, including history of the light station. Open June 15 to Labour Day 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (subject to change -- call ahead to check on hours)

From St. George on Highway 1, take Highway 772 and follow directions for the Deer Isle ferry. Just before reaching the ferry, watch for a sign on the left pointing to Greens Point. Parking available at the lightstation. (Thanks to Michel Forand.)

Keepers: George Helms (1880-?), Sidney Dines (1897-c. 1935), Russell Matthews (1935-1936), Prescott Dines (1936-1963), Lloyd Leavitt (assistant, 1936-?, 1946-1951), Joseph Lesley (assistant, 1940s), Lester Spires (assistant, 1940s), Clayton Dick (assistant, 1940s), Lester Murray (assistant, 1951-1954), Merril Dines (1954-1959), Willard Holmes (assistant, 1959-?), Allen Holmes (assistant, 1963-1964), Kitchener Randall (1963-1981 and1982), Stewart Matthews (assistant, 1960s), Charles (Charlie) Gilespie (assistant, 1972-1978), Harry Bryan (assistant, 1974-1975), Velda Randall (1981), Richard Mullen (1982-1986), Ernest Matheson (assistant, 1984-?), Ralph Eldridge (1986-?), Graham Brooksbank (assistant, 1987-?), Darrell Hussey (assistant, 1987-?), Gordon Clark (assistant, late 1980s), Wilfred McAdam (assistant, late 1980s)

Nearby Lodging: A former Coast Guard monitioring building at the site is now used as a guest cottage. It has a kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom. Call (506) 755-3630 or email for information and reservations.


to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse Jewelry

Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2018 Lighthouse Facts       Lighthouse History