The Ile Blanche Pillar Lighthouse replaced the White Island Reef lightship station, established in 1886. The station was only accessible by boat when it was established, with keepers tending the light on a rotational basis, but a helipad was added in 1969. The light was fully automated in 1982. The lighthouse was
discontinued in August 1995 and the structure was dismantled.
Height of Focal Plane: 73
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 5 seconds; range 16 miles (1995).
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1956
Date Deactivated: 1995
Current Use: Destroyed.