The 1913 lighthouse was discontinued in 1979 and replaced by an 80-foot skeleton tower. The keepers' dwellings have been demolished but the old tower still stands.
Tower Height: 34
Height of Focal Plane: 72
Characteristic and Range: Three white flashes every 9 seconds; range 14 miles (1938).
Description of Tower: White, hexagonal, reinforced-concrete tower with a red lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1913
Date Deactivated: 1979
Current Use: Unknown.
Keepers: Xavier McKinnon (1930-1956), Lionel McKinnon (1956-1970), Albert Beck (1970-1978)