The dwelling was demolished in the 1980s but the old tower remains, next to the skeleton tower that replaced it.
Tower Height: 39
Height of Focal Plane: 136
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 6 seconds; range 8 miles (1980).
Description of Tower: White circular tower with a red lantern, rising from the roof of the dwelling. The lighthouse was identical to the Pot à l’Eau-de-Vie (Brandypot) light.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1862
Date Present Tower Built: 1862
Date Deactivated: 1982
Date Automated: 1957
Current Use: Unknown.
The island and its two towers can be seen from the waterfront in Saint-André. There is currently no public access, but boat tours to the Pilgrims can be arranged on request by Société Duvetnor, P.O. Box 305, Rivière-du-Loup, QC Canada G5R 3Y9; phone: 418-867-1660. (Thanks to Michel Forand.)
Keepers: Jean Canac Marquis (1861-1878); Jean Canac Marquis Jr. (1878-1881); David Desjardins (1881-1898); Hypolite Morin (1898-1929); Jean-Philippe Morin (1930-?); Joseph Ouellette (1948-1957)