Estonian Maritime Administration
There were originally two towers here, the second being made of wood and located about 500 feet from the main lighthouse. The main lighthouse was given a rotating light in 1840, and the second tower was demolished at that time. The main tower was raised a few times in the 19th century, receiving a first-order Fresnel lens (made by Chance Bros.) in 1870.
Tower Height: 122
Height of Focal Plane: 131
Characteristic and Range: Three white flashes every 15 seconds, visible for 12 nautical miles (white sector) and 8 nautical miles (red sector).
Description of Tower: White conical stone tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1809
Date Present Tower Built: 1809
Optics: 1870: First-order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation
Open To Public? By arrangement.
Keepers: Artur Toom (c. 1906)