The island where this lighthouse stood is mostly washed away; it is now known as Mamajuda Shoal. A small cylindrical tower with an automatic light still serves as an aid to navigation.
Tower Height: 51
Height of Focal Plane: 54
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white (1917)
Description of Tower: 1870: Cylindrical tower on roof of keeper's dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1849
Date Deactivated: c. 1921
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Caroline Litigot (Autaya) (1874-1885); Orlo J. Mason (1885-1904); James Townsend Story (1904?-1910)