This lighthouse was accidentally burned down by a keeper in 1929 as he attempted to remove paint with a blow torch.
Height of Focal Plane: 35
Description of Tower: Lantern on roof of wooden keeper's quarters, on screw pile foundation.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1856
Date Deactivated: 1929
Current Use: Destroyed.
The remains of the pilings from Narrows "Bug" Light can be seen at low tide. There is a small active light on a skeleton tower nearby.
Keepers: Nathaniel R. Hooper (1856-1861 and 1862-1871), C. J. Blair (1861-1862), Charles J. Hooper (1871-1872), Daniel McKenzie (1872-1877), Frederick Hammond (1877-1878), E. Lewis Gorham (1878-1882); George G. Bailey (1882); Charles Friend (1882-1888); Charles E. Turner (1889-1892); Michael J. Curran (1893); Samuel E. Liscom (1893-1895); Gershom C. Freeman (1895-1907); William H. Lowther (1907-?); Arthur Small (c. 1920s); Tom Small (?-1929).