The range lights on Lovell's Island were established to help mariners using the South Channel of Broad Sound. The lighthouses were 400 feet apart and a seven-foot high walkway connected the lighthouses, the keeper's house, the woodshed and the oil house. The lighthouses were destroyed to make room for the expansion of military facilities on the island; today all that remains is the oil house.
Tower Height: 40
Description of Tower: White, conical wooden tower with black lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1903
Date Deactivated: 1939
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Alfred G. Eisener (1903-1919); Charles Jennings (1919-1939); Harold Jennings (1939).