The original lighthouse building here was replaced by a single-story bungalow in 1959. The original structure was then demolished. The present skeleton tower is located approximately 100 feet north of the keeper's house. The light was automated in 1974, but was staffed untill the end of 1985. An additional modern bungalow was built as the assistant keeper's residence in 1960. Both of these structures have a concrete basement built on grade, making the buildings appear to be one and one-half stories. (Thanks to Jim Zeleny.)
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 5 seconds.
Description of Tower: Red, square skeleton tower.
This light is operational
1906: White, octagonal wooden lantern rising from the roof of a white, square wooden dwelling (38 feet tall, focal plane 112 feet); destroyed 1959.
Date Established: 1906
Date Deactivated: 1959
Date Automated: 1974
Optics: 1906: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Keepers: Ray Silver (?-1985)