U.S. Lighthouse Society
This vessel was built at the Rice Brothers Shipyard in Boothbay, Maine. It served as the Overfalls (Delaware) Lightship 1951-59, then served at Blunts Reef, off Cape Mendocino, California, 1959-69. It became the "Relief" Lightship in 1969. It became the property of the U.S. Lighthouse Society in 1986. It is designated as a National Historic Landmark.
Description of Tower: Red steel-hulled two-masted lightship, 158 feet long, beam 30 feet.
This light is not operational
Date Present Tower Built: 1950
Date Deactivated: 1975
Current Use: Historic attraction.
Open To Public? Yes.
The lightship is open to the public Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.