Le Village Historique Acadien de la Nouvelle Ecosse
The first light in this area was a lantern on a pole, established in 1884 on Abbott's Island across the harbor. This tower was relocated in 1922 from Amherst, NS to Abbott's Harbour. On June 24, 2004, the lighthouse was moved to Le Village Historique Acadien de la Nouvelle Ecosse.
Tower Height: 31
Description of Tower: White, square pyramidal wooden tower with red trim.
This light is not operational
1884: Lantern on mast on Abbott's Island.
Date Established: 1884
Date Present Tower Built: 1922
Date Deactivated: 2004
Date Automated: 1966
Current Use: Museum attraction.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Keepers: Garvaise d'Entremont (1884-1887?); Guillame-Henri d'Entremont (1887-1939); Charles-Angus d'Entremont (1939-1961); John Joseph Surette (1961-1966).