Canadian Coast Guard
This light was autonomous for the first 20 years of its existence. The range was established in 1863, and the first rear light was also an octagonal tower. It was replaced in 1903 by an 85-foot steel skeleton tower with a white wooden watchroom at the top.
Tower Height: 19
Height of Focal Plane: 31
Characteristic and Range: Fixed green light, visible for 11 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White, cylindrical metal tower with a black stripe on a red slatted daymark.
This light is not operational
1843: White, octagonal, open-frame tower on a square pier. 1907: White, square wooden tower on a square concrete pier.
Date Established: 1843
Date Present Tower Built: 1975?
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.