This light was established on Spruce Island on the northwest side of the entrance to the harbor and was moved to the south side of the entrance in 1888. The lighthouse was destroyed in 1964. There is still an active light on a skeleton tower with an orange daymark at this location.
Tower Height: 27
Height of Focal Plane: 36
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red.
Description of Tower: White, square, wooden tower; dwelling attached.
This light is not operational
Date Established: c.1883
Date Deactivated: ?
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: George Sterling Livingstone (1884-?), John H. Morris, Roy Morris (?-1920), Vance Barteaux (1920-1939), Willard Morris (1939-1958).