Canadian Coast Guard
The stone tower used as the rear light when the range was established in 1902 was a converted windmill. In 1946, there was a change in the range line, and the rear light became the front light.
Tower Height: 53
Height of Focal Plane: 81
Characteristic and Range: Fixed green; range 16 miles.
Description of Tower: White, cylindrical tower with a black stripe on an orange, rectangular slatwork daymark.
This light is operational
1902: White, circular stone tower with a white, octagonal wooden lantern; 41 feet tall (became front light in 1946). 1946: White, square skeleton tower with a white rectangular daymark.
Date Established: 1902
Date Present Tower Built: 1972
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.