Estonian Maritime Administration
The top of the 1852 lighthouse here was rebuilt in 1871 to replace its original lantern, containing 16 lamps, with one that accommodated a second-order Fresnel lens.
Tower Height: 90
Height of Focal Plane: 108
Characteristic and Range: White flash (4s) every 20 seconds, visible for 10 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Red, round brick tower.
This light is operational
1806: Octagonal wooden tower, 51 feet tall (later raised by almost 20 feet).
Date Established: 1806
Date Present Tower Built: 1852
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.