Mosher Island Lighthouse Preservation Society
Contact Address Information:
c/o Anne Drew
The old wooden lighthouse was destroyed by the Canadian Coast Guard in 1989 and was replaced by a fiberglass structure. The Mosher Island Lighthouse Preservation Society seeks to preserve, protect and the promote the light station (except the operational light), emphasizing its historical significance, educational opportunities and tourism potential.
Tower Height: 37
Height of Focal Plane: 76
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white, visible for 11 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White conical fiberglass tower.
This light is operational
1868: Square wooden dwelling with octagonal iron lantern on roof. 1953: Square pyramidal wooden tower, 26 feet high.
Date Established: 1868
Date Present Tower Built: 1989
Date Automated: 1991
Optics: 1922: 5th order Fresnel lens
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Creaser's Cove Boat Tours in Riverport offers trips to Mosher Island. Call (902) 527-6313 or email email@example.com for details.
Keepers: Henry Mosher (1868-?), Edward M. Mosher (c. 1950), Ingram and Lynne Wolfe (1966-1991)