Estonian Maritime Administration
The city of Tallinn was known in earlier centuries as Revel or Reval. The two range lighthouses were formerly listed as Katharinenthal. The front light was originally shown from a lantern in a window; the tower on the house was added in 1839. The building was severely damaged during the Second World War and the tower was partly destroyed. Both were restored after the war and the lighthouse underwent major reconstruction in 1959.
Tower Height: 59
Height of Focal Plane: 160
Characteristic and Range: Isophase white and green 3 seconds (light on for 1.5 seconds, followed by a 1.5 second eclipse), visible for 19 nautical miles (white) and 13 nautical miles (green).
Description of Tower: Red, octagonal tower on a red, rectangular house.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1806
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.