Estonian Maritime Administration
The current tower was previously the first lighthouse at Vormsi, which was moved here after three years of preparations, and erected on a granite foundation. The lighthouse survived the two world wars without suffering any major damage.
Tower Height: 56
Height of Focal Plane: 65
Characteristic and Range: One flash every 15 seconds, visible for 11 nautical miles (white sector) and 7 nautical miles (red).
Description of Tower: White, conical metal tower with a red roof.
This light is operational
1718: Wooden lighthouse, rebuilt several times (collapsed 1868). 1869: Wooden tower (temporary).
Date Established: 1718
Date Present Tower Built: 1871
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.