The church in Goedereede was built over a period of about 55 years (1467-1512). From 1552, an open coal fire was maintained eight months a year, and then all year during the French period. In 1834, a second order lens was installed in the tower. It was replaced by a first order lens in 1879. The light was discontinued in 1912 when the Westhoofd Lighthouse (Ouddorp) was established a few miles away.
Tower Height: 173
Height of Focal Plane: 148
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white light, visible for 18 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Square stone church tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1834
Date Deactivated: 1912
Current Use: Church and museum.
Open To Public? Yes.