This building served for many years as lighthouse administrative headquarters ("Dirección General de Faros"). During its years of activity, the lighthouse was listed as "Benito Juarez" (not to be confused with the building currently known as the "Benito Juárez Lighthouse," also in Veracruz). From 1952 to 1964, the main light in Veracruz was shown from the nearby Banco de México building (now the Pemex building). In 1964, it was moved to the top of the Hotel Diligencias. In the early 1990s it was moved to the top of the Hotel Hawaii, and it was discontinued around 2002.
Height of Focal Plane: 144
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 7 seconds, visible for 18 miles (1952).
Description of Tower: White masonry clock tower on a building.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1910
Date Present Tower Built: 1910
Date Deactivated: 1952
Current Use: Historic monument and museum.
Open To Public? Yes.