Irish Landmark Trust
Because this lighthouse was too high to be seen much of the time, it was discontinued aong with a low light in 1818. The low light was demolished and replaced by a new lighthouse, and the 1818 high light was discontinued in 1865 but still stands (separate entry). This tower was badly damaged by lightning in 1863. It's been restored by the Irish Landmark Trust and overnight accommodations are available inside the lighthouse itself.
Tower Height: 100
Description of Tower: Octagonal granite tower, no lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1781
Date Present Tower Built: 1781
Date Deactivated: 1818
Current Use: Landmark, daybeacon, overnight accommodations.
Open To Public? Paying guests only.