Commissioners of Irish Lights
This lighthouse was built in 1818 when the original (1781) Wicklow Head high and low lights were discontinued and rebuilt on lower ground. This tower was built close to the location of the original low light.
Description of Tower: White conical stone tower, lantern removed.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1818
Date Present Tower Built: 1818
Date Deactivated: 1865
Current Use: Historic landmark.
Open To Public? Grounds only.