Estonian Maritime Administration
The 1766 lighthouse here was restored and raised in 1804, but soon fell into disrepair again; the "temporary" lighthouse that replaced it stood for 36 years. The 1850 lighthouse, destroyed in 1941, was replaced after World War II by another temporary lighthouse.
Tower Height: 115
Height of Focal Plane: 128
Characteristic and Range: Two white flashes every 18 seconds.
Description of Tower: Cylindrical concrete tower with black and white bands, on square cement block base. Lantern, gallery, and watchroom are black; base is white.
This light is operational
1766: Stone tower. 1814: Wooden lighthouse (temporary). 1850: Conical stone tower painted in black and white bands, 94 feet tall, with a second-order Fresnel lens (installed in 1874). 1946: Square, pyramidal wooden tower (temporary).
Date Established: 1766
Date Present Tower Built: 1954
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.