This 1866 granite lighthouse (which replaced the 1786 Hurst Tower) was replaced by an automated light on a metal structure atop a wall of Hurst Castle. That light was deactivated in 1997. Both the 1866 and 1911 (separate entry) structures still survive.
Description of Tower: Round granite tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1786
Date Present Tower Built: 1866
Date Deactivated: 1911
Current Use: Part of historic site.
Open To Public? Grounds only.