Bruce Bay Cottages and Lighthouse Resort
Contact Address Information:
P.O. Box 58
This lighthouse was replaced by an automated light on a skeleton tower nearby.
Description of Tower: Lantern on roof of keeper's dwelling.
This light is not operational
Integral two-story keeper's dwelling.
Date Established: 1907
Date Present Tower Built: 1907
Date Deactivated: ?
Current Use: Overnight accommodations.
Open To Public? Yes.
See the Bruce Bay Cottages website for directions to McKay Island. The lighthouse can be seen from the grounds of the Bruce Mines Marina; call (705) 785-3201 for information. It can also be seen from tours offered by Mackinac Seaplane Tours in Michigan -- see www.mackinacseaplanes.com or call 906-632-9746.
Nearby Lodging: Overnight accommodations are available at the lighthouse and nearby cottages. There are also banquet facilities available.