This light (described in old light lists as a "sentry box") was originally the front light of a range; it could be moved so as to follow changes in the channel in the Dives River. The range was discontinued in 1916.
Tower Height: 16
Height of Focal Plane: 20
Characteristic and Range: Occulting 3 times every 12 seconds; ramge nautical miles (white sector) andautical miles (red and green sectors).
Description of Tower: Light shown from a window in the roof of a square brick tower.
This light is operational
1866: Light on a mobile wooden hut.
Date Established: 1866
Date Present Tower Built: 1937
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.