The construction of the church of Saint-Samson in Ouistreham dates back to the 12th and 13th centuries. This light was replaced by the Ouistreham Feu des Ecluses in 1888.
Tower Height: 75
Height of Focal Plane: 92
Description of Tower: Light shown from the steeple of the church of Saint-Samson (1845).
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1828
Date Deactivated: 1888
Current Use: Church and tourist attraction.
Open To Public? Yes.