Town of Lion's Head
The original 1903 lighthouse in this spot was destroyed in a storm in 1913. Its replacement was destroyed by the Canadian Coast Guard after being discontinued. The present lighthouse was built by design students from a local school. It was moved from the beach to the end of a pier and made an active light in 2000.
Tower Height: 28
Height of Focal Plane: 26
Characteristic and Range: Isophase red 4 seconds - 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1903
Date Present Tower Built: 1983
Current Use: Part of town park.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The lighthouse is at the end of a pier in Lion's Head Harbour.